Performs a complete range and variety of major, minor and routine repairs on heavy equipment or heavy vehicles.
Essential Job Duties/Functions:
- Receives work orders for requested heavy equipment or truck maintenance repairs.
- Diagnoses specific issue(s) or problem(s) and determines most time and cost-effective method to fix, repair or resolve problem.
- Communicates with equipment operator to gather or verify information and to advise of expected repair time.
- Notifies parts clerk of special needs on a timely basis.
- Travels to location of disabled equipment to fix, repair or diagnose problem(s) as needed.
- Troubleshoots equipment issues to determine most cost-effective approach to fix, repair or resolve.
- Consults with other mechanics as needed to discuss problems or questions with any process or procedure.
- Operates equipment after completing repairs to ensure satisfactory completion/resolution of problem(s).
- Meets with parts vendors as needed to discuss specific issues and specifications.
- Maintains current knowledge and skill needed to diagnose, fix or repair heavy equipment and trucks.
- Maintains neat and professional personal appearance.
- Maintains orderly work area to include wiping up spills, neatly storing tools and parts, properly discarding old or unused parts and materials, sweeping area and emptying trash receptacles as needed.
- Follows established company policies and guidelines for safety, quality and customer service.
- Assists with taking inventory as needed.
- Wears personal protective equipment (PPE) as required or needed.
- Completes required paperwork timely and accurately.
- Maintain hand and power tools in good repair.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor or other management employees.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities/Experience (Required = R; Preferred = P):
- HS Diploma or equivalent required. Prefer additional training in heavy equipment or truck engine repair.
- Minimum of 5 years of diesel or gasoline engine mechanic experience preferably in a fleet environment performing diagnostic repairs.
- Current, valid driver’s license required.
- Current, valid Class A or B Commercial Driver’s license (CDL) preferred.
- Satisfactory driving and criminal record required.
- Demonstrated ability to follow instructions (written and oral) and work independently.
- Must be able to read, speak, write and understand English.
- Provides own basic hand tools required to perform the job.
- Various hand and power tools
- Concrete mixer truck
- Front-end loader
- Two-way radio
- Push broom
- Pneumatic Lift.
- Manual vehicle lift/jack.
- Must be able to pass Department of Transportation (DOT) physical requirements.
- Frequent periods of standing on concrete surface.
- Occasional/frequent periods of leaning over and lying on back.
- Occasional/frequent lifting of up to 100 lbs.
- Occasional/frequent carrying of up to 50 lbs.
- Occasional/frequent climbing of steps to enter truck and steel ladder to reach the top of the mixer drum.
- Occasional/frequent reaching, grabbing, pushing and pulling.
- Occasional/frequent stooping, squatting, bending and kneeling.
- Occasional pushing and pulling.
- Occasional/frequent twisting.
Environmental Conditions (Personal protective equipment is provided where required or requested)
- Majority of work is performed indoors in a non-climate-controlled area.
- Intermittent exposure to elements of weather to include extremes in heat, humidity, cold and dust.
- Intermittent exposure to high noise levels and truck vibration.
- Frequent exposure to dust, diesel fuel, lubricants and other substances that may cause burns, be toxic or explosive if handled incorrectly.
- Occasional exposure to confined spaces.
Apply Now @ Indeed